Monday, May 31, 2010

You weren't there that day for the naming of things...

Elliot's first three names that he's learned (names, not titles, like Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, and Grandpa, all of which he says...more or less) are, in order:

  • Jesus
  • Lisa (his aunt)
  • Batman

4 reason(s) to click here:

Chase said...

Dude, Batman's a title.

Steven said...

Olivia likes to play with a box of keychains from my youth, one of which is a Batman figurine. She calls him "acrobat". I assume she got the word from one of her books and associated the "bat" part.

Also, Robert E. Lee is "bad guy". Not sure where that came from, but as a Virginian, I can assure you it's not from a myopic view of history.

krebscout said...

I would dispute that point, Chase. I believe Batman just as much a name as Mark Twain or Dr. Seuss or any other alter-ego name. The name was handed down to a new guy in that new animated series, but, like Dread Pirate Roberts, it may be somewhere between a name and a title.

Keri said...

Seems like good choices to me. Anya says (outside of family members) only a few names, including Dora (as in Dora the Explorer) and Diego (dora's cousin).