Monday, May 9, 2011

Beware of this and that

My little boy is sleeping in a toddler bed now. At least at night - he's still in the crib for his nap. He wakes up much happier. We keep the gate up so he can't get out of his room, and it's a huge mess when we get him up in the mornings. Corryn is still sleeping in the kid's bathroom, and she's graduating to two naps a day. Now I really thought Elliot was about as sweet and chill as a baby could get, but Corryn's got him beat. She is just so darn pleasant. Elliot also got to try on his new Buzz Lightyear underwear this week (and he learned what it's like to wet himself), but we're still not pushing the potty training on him.

I turned 25 this weekend. It was a terrific birthday, full of pancakes, presents, pizza, brownies, friends, children, and a little bit of swimming. Then mother's day was the next day and I got about fifty pounds of chocolate. Got a coldsore from partying too hard.

Now that I'm old, here is my life advice to all the young people who I'm sure are reading my blog: Get over your shyness and your self-consciousness and go out and make all sorts of friends. I wish I had. Not that I didn't make some wonderful friends in college, but I missed a lot of opportunities because I was too afraid. And that was stupid.

I need carrots.

0 reason(s) to click here: