Monday, March 14, 2011

In which Elliot spills the beans

A few quick things:

I'm trying to cut down on the internet in my life, and I had Andy install some parental controls on my main computer. I know the password, and I still have access to our laptop. So it works...mostly.

Elliot spilled a can of black beans all over himself a few days ago. Just the juice, really. The lid was partially opened, leaving a bit of the seal intact for ease of drainage. The can was left, undrained, on the countertop. Elliot reached up and pulled it sideways, spilling juice down his hair, down his face, down his back, and into his mouth. He stood in the middle of the kitchen, spread his arms out, and SCREAMED. Andy did some quick resuscitation on the hearing aids while I whisked the boy into the shower. It took him a while to calm down.

Elliot turned two yesterday, and Corryn turned six months today. We had a little party with some church friends and neighbors at the apartment playground. Pizza and tiny pies. Elliot made bank. And by bank I mean toy store.

Elliot has turned into quite the singer. He sings the alphabet, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, the Star Wars  theme, and "Imperial March" with surprising proficiency. He even has good pitch sometimes.

Corryn is slowly getting better at rolling (did I mention the doctor said she might be slow at it because she's so heavy? She's not even a super chubby baby, she's just big) and can sit up by herself for a bit.

I don't think I posted on here yet that I started the illustration job. And I'm loving it.

2 reason(s) to click here:

Katya said...

Wooo illustration job!

Erin said...

Your title made me think, "Ok, she's pregnant, and told Elliot, and then he told someone at church." Really, church. My thought was that specific. But then it was the black beans. Also, you're smart and probably wouldn't tell your toddler anything you wouldn't want other people hearing.