Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The evolution of personal nerdiness as reflected over time and email addresses

Here follows a chronological list of all of my primary email addresses (so I'm not including addresses created for the Board or pranks or miscellaneous pursuits for which I never followed through) from my first to the present:

  • geckoforest@hotmail.com - Created around 6th grade, give or take a year.
  • flyingpig7@hotmail.com - Created in 7th or 8th grade once I realized how nerdy it was to use an email address based on a fantasy story I planned to write.
  • hostileleprechaun@hotmail.com - Created in 8th grade. This served me through high school, and I still sometimes get missives there from actual people. This is the address I had when I met and wooed Andy.
  • fatuglyperson@gmail.com - Created between high school graduation and the start of college. I still think it's hilarious. Also, note the advancement to gmail.
  • (a combination of my legal names and initials)@gmail.com - Created when we got engaged because Andy hated fatuglyperson so much. And it just came time for me to get something more professional and boring. Currently my primary address.
  • (my first name)@finedoodles.com - I hide the name for the sake of spambots, not because I think I have a shred of anonymity. This was created for business though it forwards to my personal address.
Andy wouldn't stop making fun of geckoforest. But just so you don't think I'm the only nerd in the family, his past email addresses include animorphfan@something.com and kylekatarn1@something.com. Kyle Katarn is the main character of the computer game, Star Wars: Dark Forces. Way worse, am I right?

1 reason(s) to click here:

Katya said...

Congrats on reaching the top of the email address hierarchy:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/email_address