Saturday, May 8, 2010

Yes we're going to a party party

I've had some great birthdays in my life. My 18th - the day my brother got home from his mission, I won $100 in prize money and two trophies in a local film competition, and I treated a huge group of friends to ice cream. My 21st - Andy was about to come home from his mission and an even huger group of friends gathered at Kiwanis Park for my food-fight. And now, my 24th. It ranks up there, too.

All the things I got/did over the past two days:

-Several nice cards, phone calls, and emails.
-A sewing machine! I'm really, really excited about this. If I had a nickel for every time I've thought, "Man, I wish I had a sewing machine, so I could do x project..." then I could have afforded to buy a sewing machine.
-A big pretty book about the moon landing! Andy and I have been on a big moon kick lately, and he's feeding my itch to go to space.
-Money to buy a temple dress! I've been aching for one for a while. I'll have to wait until I'm shaped normally again before I buy it, but I'm thrilled about this.
-A crepe party! And Subway and pizza and french toast and lemon squares and a chocolate bar. Deliciousness.
-Elliot-sitting so I could nap and go on an adventure with Andy.
-An adventure with Andy - we watched Iron Man II (good stuff), went to a tasty barbecue place, and bought some great things at a half-price bookstore.

It's been awesome.

1 reason(s) to click here:

Holly K said...

Who likes to rock the party?