Thursday, November 19, 2009

How time can move both fast and slow amazes me

My little boy is not very little anymore. We just bought him a new car seat because he's grown out of the current one. He's got some crazy good walking/standing skills, and I predict that he'll be walking by Christmas. He's way better at walking than crawling, but he's making progress there, too. He can shuffle a little ways, but mostly he "wiggle-commutes." He's so strong and squirmy that I can barely keep him on my lap anymore during church. It's like trying to keep one of those gyrating spyro-pens still, but this one is twenty pounds. He's also had a couple of time-outs already, because we can tell when he knows that he's doing something we don't want him to do. His main infractions: getting into the trash-can while he's in his walker and pulling out/chewing on his hearing aids.

Also, despite having zero teeth, he's way into dental hygiene:

My boys.

Despite all the pictures I post up here, I swear that I'm a good mom and make my son wear his hearing aids. For some reason most of the pictures we take are at or around sleepy time, and he doesn't wear them to sleep.


Bet you didn't know that you can use BOTH ends of the toothbrush.


I don't know what that expression is, but I love it.


Brushing Daddy's teeth. He really was.


Here he's showing off his walking/hoe-down skills.


And here he's showing off his falling/nostril-flaring skills.

Cute huh.

3 reason(s) to click here:

Lindsay said...

Eliot really is the cutest. I love his facial expressions...and we've never even met-so I'm not even getting the full effect! :)

Shanna Selin said...

He is so cute!

Lacey! said...

Man, I want to eat that baby. For he is so cute.