Saturday, November 14, 2009

Comedic Gold

I wrote the following entry just over a month ago, but I took it down because I was afraid that the blog was completely real and that the author would find this and I would hurt her feelings. Andy and I have since concluded that it must be fake. You might could call it the Seriously, So Blessed of the South. And it honestly may be the funniest thing I've ever seen online. We looked online and found no evidence that it isn't real - in fact, another blog posed the same question, and the author in question wrote back that she is all "natchul" (deep Southern for "natural"). But still...you just have to read it. Since the post below was written, this was posted. Warning for mild swearing. Also warning: pants-wettingly ridiculous. Anyway, the original entry:

I stumbled upon this gem of a blog today. I can't tell if it's a joke or not, but either way every entry made me laugh out loud. It's perfect from its pink-and-diamonds motif down to the music widget, which contains only one song on repeat: Natasha Beddingfield's "Unwritten."

A few highlights from the most recent entries:
  • The first entry, which I will paraphrase here: "God has blessed me so much and I'm so inspired by Oprah's generosity that I decided to do a give-away contest. Whoever writes the best poem about me will get this turkey-shaped hat."
  • The second entry is titled, "A lil rant and a prayer." Both the rant and the prayer are for the same person.
  • In the third entry she speaks of a chicken-and-dumpling eating contest in which she beats a Japanese competitor. Of this she says, "you would've thought they learned they lesson in War World II, but it looked like it was Rondell who had to put them in they place."
That's right. War World II.

1 reason(s) to click here:

Rondell said...

Oh hey girl thanks for the shout out. I enjoy your journal as well though I don't understand a word of it. What all them monsters doing on the side of the page?