Friday, October 30, 2009

A good show

We've been watching Community, and though I always kinda liked it, it didn't fully congeal for me until tonight. And I don't even love the main character - I think he's the weakest part. It's all the peripheral characters that make the show.


I giggled straight through the last five minutes of the Halloween episode. Brilliant.

3 reason(s) to click here:

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

I'm Batman.

LJ said...

"That's one of my biggest fears. That one day I'd wake up and I'd turned into a doughnut..."
"...and you'd eat yourself."
"I wouldn't even question it."

The Troy-Abed wrap at the end is our favorite part of the show. Also, Community is our number-one favorite show. We should be friends.

Katya said...

I read that the premise for Community came from the experiences of the creator: He enrolled in a community college Spanish class to try and save his relationship with his girlfriend, and found himself becoming good friends with the people in his study group.

This made me wonder if maybe we're actually not even supposed to like the main character. Maybe Jeff's unlikability is a reflection of the shallowness Dan Harmon saw in himself. (Ooooh, deep!)