Sunday, July 12, 2009

Time for my Weekly Art Review! Only I've never done one before and I don't know if I'll ever do one again...

This here is a painting called i didn't know if it would be safe so i moved by Andrew Ballstaedt, a BYU grad with some really breathtaking stuff.

I love Squeak Carnwath's work like I love to pronounce her name wrong. "Conwrath" just seems so much more natural. She's a little crazy, known to put bunnies and hotdogs in her paintings, and I like that. This one is called, You Call This Happy?

You may recognize the painting above from Amelie. You may not know that it's painted by the brilliant Michael Sowa, a German dude who paints strange little scenes with animals. I love them, and I hope to put a big fat print of his (though not necessarily this one, called Filmhound) in my house one day.

1 reason(s) to click here:

Erin said...

I LOVE Andrew Ballstaedt! Once upon a time he was my TA in an amazing class called Art for Art History majors. Everyone had a crush on him because he's cute, and my crush got even bigger after I saw his art. Love that guy.