Sunday, July 22, 2007

The miracle of the mixed-up checks

I've written a little about my grandmother before. In sum: she's crazy. My father grew up in an alcoholic, abusive home, and it wasn't from his father.

My parents help support my grandmother by sending her a check for a hundred dollars a month - a fact I'd never known until my mother sent me her check by mistake. So now Grandma and I are having to mail each other our respective checks. I took the chance to write her a short letter and stick it in the same envelope.

I told her about Ender, about the BFA, about work and school and all of the glory there is in my secretly glorious life. I told her that I love her. I don't think I've ever told her that before.

I get it, universe. I get it.

5 reason(s) to click here:

Chase said...

Sweet. Now all I need is for your mom to accidentally mail you the check intended for me, everything will have fallen into place.

Cue evil chuckle.

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

The Universe (or Uni, for short) and I have been more at peace recently, and your story made me happy. Way to go, Uni!

Heather said...

I had an "I get it universe" moment recently, too.

Little Lisa said...

I don't know who you are, but the fact that you're a fellow Krebscout warms my heart!