Tuesday, May 15, 2007

To the pain

Just so you hear it from me first: I'm battling a level 7 cold sore. Seriously - I've never seen one so big or so sinister. The thing is that it's right in the upper corner of my mouth, so I look normal from a distance, normal until every babe weeps at my approach, until every woman cries, "Dear [Heavens], what is that thing?!"

An Asian guy was staring at me eating my sub in the Cougareat today. I mentally dared him to come up and talk to me. All I had to do was flash him this puppy - more effective than a wedding ring, I'll bet.

What I'm really trying to say here is that the most exciting thing that happened in my today was L'Afro's birthday. My friends, if you don't know this lady, you really ought to get to know her. I've never met someone so unabashedly insistent that life is beautiful. And it's catching.

Here's to you, my friend.

2 reason(s) to click here:

LJ said...

My eyes are brown and resplendent. And currently filling over a bit.

Jimbles said...

Of the admittedly small number of people who have given me random hugs at book-burnings, I have to say that I place L'Afro among the best!!!