Saturday, April 7, 2007

The most fabulous object in the world:

I tried to send this email to everyone in the world. But there's a chance I don't have your email address. If that is so, please accept this last-ditch effort to inform you about the best party this side of Stubenville (and even if I haven't met you, you are invited):

Dear Comrades,

You've always wanted to be part of a mass food fight. Now you can be. I'm using my upcoming birthday as an excuse to do something ridiculous.

So here's the deal: This is a BYOF food fight to be hosted at Kiwanis Park . By BYOF I mean Bring Your Own Food - it'll be set up like a potluck, but we'll be fighting instead of eating. This means you should bring really juicy and messy stuff; I'm thinking mashed potatoes, spaghetti, Jell-o, and so on. Something solid but soft would make a nice textural contrast, too - slices of bread or some marshmallows, perhaps. Feel free to bring a water balloon launcher or a trebuchet.

This is the kind of thing you can only pull off with a lot of people and a lot of food. So by all means, bring friends and loved ones. And bring massive, massive amounts of food. The more the much merrier. See, In my head, I'm picturing this to be something like that last scene in Big Fish when Billy Crudup is carrying Albert Finney into the river and all the people he's ever known are gathered around, smiling, to see him off. Well this is me inviting you to see me off into the realm of adulthood. I'll be turning 21, after all. But don't look at this as a celebration of my birth; this is a celebration of life itself. And of food.

The logistics, concisely:

Kiwanis Park (820 N. 1100 E.) in Provo. Meet by the brick pavilion.
Bring many friends.
Bring much food. (And maybe some trashbags, for clean-up and for to sit on in the car on the way home)
Wear appropriate clothing. Sunday best.
Saturday May 19th at 7:30 p.m.

I hope to see you there, because as they say, it's going to be "Leg ... En ... and you better not be lactose intolerant because the next word is going to be Dairy." Thank you for your time and consideration.

Cordially Yours,

Krebscout

1 reason(s) to click here:

Heather said...

I was going to put this comment on your most recent entry, but I thought this one was more fitting. I sure hope you get notifications for comments...

I would love to come to your awesome b-day/food fight bash! I've been reading about it, thinking about what a cool idea it is, and I've been planning my trip out there, getting more and more excited, but I never put two and two together! Thank you so much for the invite, LoL. Sorry I'm dumb.

Well, now I'm just even more excited!! Thanks, friend!