Monday, February 19, 2007

a very tired set of words

So I had a thought - there are people that live horizontally, like Dean. These are people you tell stories about because they do the craziest things, they have a plot line. And there are people that live vertically, like E, who love every moment as high and as deep as you please, and you try to tell other people why they're so rad but you just can't express it because it's not storyable. Were I to categorize myself, I'd say I'm more like the latter - I always wanted to do the crazy things, but instead I fill the role of being a darn good Appreciator. That's why Dean and I were friends, I'm convinced - he needed an audience and I was a good one.

But sometimes I still want to be that first one, the crazy one. Sometimes I want to be a sphere and cover all the dimensions of it. Dean might be close to being a sphere. But he's not very happy.

Sometimes I go through moments of intense craving for that Big Fish sort of life.

Sometimes, though, I just need to read this: http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-602-32,00.html

0 reason(s) to click here: