Thursday, April 5, 2012

There's outer space all over the place

In ten days, we have to make our decision for PhD programs. I thought we were about 90% sure we were going to stay here, but I have no idea anymore. We have to wait to see if School A will offer more money, if School B will get him off the wait list and offer a sweet deal, and if the housing at School C will offer us the rent-reducing job. Waiting for everybody to not be sick anymore so we can get out of the house again. Waiting waiting waiting. I told Andy a week ago that one of my goals as a parent is to have children who can wait gracefully. Oh, The Places You'll Go!, you know, the Dr. Seuss graduation book, talks about waiting as a bad, stagnant place to be. I get what he's saying, but I don't think that's true in all cases. I'm often surprised to realize that, as a parent, I couldn't slow down my children's development unless I really tried. I just have to feed them and give it time, and all this amazing development happens on its own, while I'm waiting.

1 reason(s) to click here:

Sarah said...

And sometimes you don't because sometimes you won't.

Wishing you well as you wait. :)