Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Not very pinteresting

Joined Pinterest, and I like it a lot. It's perfect for those, like me, who tend to open tabs and leave them open for weeks on end, knowing that they'll disappear from your brain if you bookmark them. Which seems to be just about everybody. It's a very creative-brain-friendly place to catalogue images that give me illustration or painting ideas, children's books that I want to add to my collection, and so on.

I really do like it a lot. But I'm going to write a little post about things I see on Pinterest that I don't like (though none are exclusive to Pinterest, they are bountiful there), so feel free to skip this post:

- The word "tute." (Short for tutorial.)
- Chevron (known to the common man as "zig-zag"). I get that it's hot these days, but I just don't like it.
- The ubiquitous outfit collage on a white background (which will invariably include a tank-top, a cardigan, tight pants or skirt, a gigantic purse, sunglasses, boots, and a percussive piece of jewelry). Not sure why it bugs me. Maybe I'm jealous that I'm not good with clothes.
- Hybrid dessert recipes. "Oreo cupcakes! S'more pie! Brownie cookie-dough hot-chocolate samoa ice-cream cake! BRILLIANT WHY HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS."
- Homages to Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom)
- Two people post the same inspirational quote and attribute it to two different celebrities
- Inspirational quotes to which people add the caption, "So true," even when it's something that can neither really be false or true, like "Don't put off saying 'I love you.'"
- Inspirational quotes that say something along the lines of "LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT NOW. BE THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE NOW," because these quotees clearly didn't read my last blog post.

Yeah that's all.

3 reason(s) to click here:

Rachel Helps said...

haha. Those desserts are so derivative

Katya said...

This blog post is so true! ;)

Shanna Selin said...

Haha. I enjoyed reading this. And I don't like chevron either.