Thursday, August 18, 2011

every little thing she does is magic


Can I just tell you how in love I am with this little girl?

She's still the sweetest, chillest, best-behaved baby in town. She does tend to squeal like a bottle-rocket when she wants to communicate, but that's okay. She crawls like a pro now and she's got five teeth. She says hi, roars at you (when you roar at her. She thinks burps are roars and will respond accordingly), waves, claps, gives high-fives, pinches you for fun, and loves to eat lint. Every time I look at her I just melt with appreciation for the lovely little soul that she is. Seriously, there's something special about this little one. She just had her last monthbirthday, as she'll be a year old next month. Too fast, I tell you.

Elliot is growing older exponentially. He pooped in the potty for the first time tonight. There was much rejoicing: it's been quite the journey. Potty training actually may stick this time, though, as he's started telling us before he needs to go instead of wetting himself and then letting us know. But he did pee on me this morning while I was holding him in the middle of the store trying to soothe a Transformers-related melt-down. Thank goodness for Becky.

Being a mom is hard, and it can get tedious, and sometimes it makes you cry...but my house is full of love.

0 reason(s) to click here: