Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh Harold, that's wonderful. Now go and love some more.

Elliot knows every single letter. He doesn't say "H" or "W" very well, but he knows the sounds they make, so he calls them "hhhhuh" and "bwuh" ("wuh"). And he knows a lot of lower-case letters as well as all the capitals. He's pretty darn good with numbers, too, and he can do a little bit of counting (he knows 1-5 pretty well, and he knows that nine follows eight follows seven). Yesterday he was trying to count without help and said, "Two, three, o, s!" He tries to sing the alphabet along with us, but mostly he just interjects random letters.

Corryn is three weeks old now. The past two weeks have been a blur of moving and unpacking and middle-of-the-night feedings and moms and moms-in-law and very nice dinners from the ward. Yesterday was my first day by myself with both kids, though Andy was around in the morning. I'm still not physically or mentally at the top of my game, but I'm seeing that this is doable. It is possible to have an eighteen month old, a three week old, and fun all at the same time.

Time to go shower while I have the chance.

0 reason(s) to click here: