Saturday, September 25, 2010

Jump on the big wagon 'cause I'm SoCal. I'm big in every way. I'm running as fast as I can.

Everyone is very skinny here, and they wear tight pants. Not a lot of folks in our complex speak English as a first language. Lots of cute kids around, and Elliot digs living right next to a little playground. We went for a brief swim last night as it was getting dark. You need a card key to get in, there are palm trees all around, and the sky is a smooth blue gradient broken only by the flash and rumble of ascending airplanes. It feels a bit like I'm a foreigner living in a hotel. My RS president is an unmarried, childless, freelance precision-trained stunt driver. For commercials 'n stuff. Tonight I accidentally locked Andy, Elliot, and myself out of our apartment with Corryn still inside. She was asleep the whole time, and it didn't take long for the management to send somebody over, but talk about a terrible mother moment.

Thus the adventure begins?

0 reason(s) to click here: