Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nothing of consequence...

Just thinking about food. Pregnancy does that.

I've always been a moderately picky eater, but I've always wanted to be a brave eater. I've taught myself to like tomatoes in most contexts, yogurt, banana chips, and apples. I do not love but will tolerate ham, oranges, and mushrooms or cottage cheese in things. I have no interest in learning to like mayonnaise, cottage cheese, pineapple-on-pizza (I love pineapple otherwise), bananas (good flavor. Abominable texture), sushi, rare meat or meat on the bone. I would be interested in learning to like mushrooms, and maybe even fish, but Andy forbids me to, because then he knows I'd cook with them. I may decide to learn to like omelets next...good omelets. Then maybe avocados, sour cream, or nuts.

I've realized that pickiness is often in the eye of the beholder. I love onions, pickles, mustard, and olives - some commonly-disliked foods that are well-loved at my parents' house. But at this house, I seem pickier than I see myself because I dislike some of the things they commonly eat - like avocados and sour cream. Does that make sense? It's not a big deal, just something I've observed.

/foodthoughts

0 reason(s) to click here: