Sunday, November 22, 2009

Talk of food and dreams and dreams about food

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I really love hybrid foods, as in a food that has been put into the form of another food. Like taco soup, lasagna soup, pot-pie soup, BLT pizza, chicken club pizza, barbecue chicken pizza, and so on. This Friday we tried "pizza sandwiches," or tomato sauce/mozzarella/pepperoni and ham broiled on two halves of French bread, then sandwiched with lettuce, tomato slices, etc. It was kinda fabulous.


I had a dream ages ago about a restaurant I had started in which you could order a sandwich with a meal on it, as in spaghetti and meatballs on a baguette with a slice of provolone, or roast beef and potatoes with gravy on a bun with some swiss. Not only do I think this is a brilliant business idea, but I've been craving a spaghetti sandwich ever since. This will be my next hybrid creation.

I also had a dream a while ago about inventing a new perfume, and the name of the scent was "Cream of Whisper."

Clearly it's really fun to be sleeping me.

2 reason(s) to click here:

Chase said...

My mother is an expert at making foods that are actually other foods. When I was in high school, Thursday night was Experimental Food Night. Once she discovered cumin, it turned into Enchilada Surprise Night.

The surprise wasn't that it was enchiladas, it was what form the enchiladas were: enchilada soup, enchilada chicken over enchilada rice, enchilada cookies, enchilada salad, seven-layer-enchilada-dip, fettucini al-enchilada, leg of enchilada, the variations were endless!

Erin said...

All I could think about while reading this was: "You take a hot dog, stuff it with some jack cheese, roll it in a pizza--you've got Cheesy Blasters!"

I hope you know about that, or the joke died.