Friday, December 5, 2008

Apple Review: Continued

I have tried four new types of apples since my last review, and with the exception of one, they have proven themselves worth the exploration:

Pink Lady - Really, really good.

Braeburn - Pretty good. Up there with Golden Delicious and Granny Smith.

Red Rome - The grainiest, bitterest, grossest thing I've ever tasted. Rife with small red threads reminiscent of a bloodshot eye.

Honeycrisp - Really, REALLY good.

Fuji, Pink Lady, and Honey Crisp are the clear champions so far.

I wonder if that's why they're also the most expensive.

2 reason(s) to click here:

Krista said...

My cousin-in-law raves about Honeycrisp. With your recommendation too, I may just have to try them.

Anonymous said...

Summer! This is cousin Amy, and I would just like to say, that per your recommendation, I recently purchased some Pink Ladies, and they are delicious! Huge fan. Thanks so much for changing my apple-eating life