Friday, September 7, 2007

Holy cows

Allow me to brag about my schedule -

  • History of Creativity 1
  • Figure Painting
  • Bookbinding
  • Aqueous Media (which is mostly watercolor, but includes a little acrylic, gouache, and egg-tempera too)
  • BFA Studio Seminar (which is overseen by Jim Christensen's daughter)
  • Advanced Studio, a class in which I meet with my advisor and talk about my goals for the BFA

I am in love with this combination of classes. Don't mistake the massive amounts of creativity for easy street, though - in Figure Painting alone, I have to have one 8x11 portrait in oil and 45 sketches a week, plus whatever we don't finish in class. I'm balancing this with wedding planning, 19 hours of work a week (that conspire to make me get up between 5:15 and 7:15 every dang morning), a swinging social life, and the execution of a personal scheme to get my name out into the art world, and that's a pretty full semester.

And I'm so pleased.

4 reason(s) to click here:

Chase said...

My good friend Sparkleflops made me a book in bookbinding; it's one of my dearest possessions. Sounds like a great semester!

Olympus said...

I definitely thought that said finger painting at first.

ahem. said...

Me too! I thik that would be way cooler than figure painting.

Ben said...

Ow. I think I just bruised my Aqueous Media.