Saturday, April 14, 2007

Beware of this and that

I've been spending some quality time with L'Afro lately, and boy has it been enchanting. The both of us share the quality of being life pack-rats. We keep books of things - notes, quotes, thoughts, doodles. We've been sharing them with each other. It's a mind-shock to see someone look at your old, forgotten documents with fresh eyes and fresh laughter. Let me share with you what's written on the last three pages of my main highschool sketchbook - pages I haven't touched in two years:

4-6-04, 10:24 a.m. I'm wearing my boyscout shirt today.
4-6-04, 11:55 a.m. My foot fell asleep. Why do bad things always happen to good people?
4-10-04, 10:42 p.m. I bet it's really unhealthy that I wish life had a fast-forward button. I want to know how this all ends. And I really need to start spending less time online.
4-10-04, 11:23 p.m. I'm as pretty as I'll ever need to be.
4-11-04, 2:23 p.m. Every one in the world should take photographs. And write captions on the back.
4-11-04, 3:24 p.m. It's a good thing my parents are asleep. I'm the dancing queen, and I'm only seventeen.
5-25-04, 10:18 a.m. Someone just reminded me - I'm a storyteller. What a thing to forget.
6-23-04, 10:38 a.m. I looked into the clouds the other night and I saw a cashew.
7-7-04, 1:38 a.m. Freedom is control. (Gotta shake this need to be taken care of) How do I stay on top of my game, Lord? Lead me, guide me, walk beside me; help me find the way.
7-?-04, 3:52 a.m. Well there you have it. He fell for me too. He fell for me the day we left Y Weekend. It's the pizza bag that did him in. BAM I'm the happiest one!
11-3-04, 9:12 a.m. Just now, I saw a Chinese boy with big round glasses and hair of the same description. He wore an Easter-yellow windbreaker, chewed gum like John Wayne, and mosied slowly on his bike without peddling. That's all.
7-9-05, 10:27 p.m. He is gone.

1 reason(s) to click here:

Heather said...

You have interesting thoughts, friend.

And I like the new look.

~K