Thursday, March 1, 2007

Tip 12, with a nod to Hank Fletcher. What a woodsman's name.

Krebscout Survival Tip #12: To keep deer flies and mosquitoes away while in the woods, pick a sassafras leaf, roll it between your hands, and put it behind your ear. The smell will keep them away, and is pleasing to humans.

In other news, I like it when appliances sounds like other things. For example, my vacuum back home hums at the exact pitch as the last note in the song Jessica Rabbit sings in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and I figured out last night that my hair dryer sounds like a tyrannosaurus rex. Or at least like the cry of the one in Jurassic Park at the height of his fury.

2 reason(s) to click here:

ahem. said...

Get outta here.
Get me some money too.

Thirdmango said...

I can make the sound of a sprinkler head!