Wednesday, March 21, 2007

a quick succession of busy nothings

My old high school friends Dean and CJ (I've had a real hard time coming up with a handle for this kid, but let it be CJ from here on out. His mother was a Catholic and his father was a Jew, you see) arrive tomorrow. They visited me here in Provo two years ago ... pretty much to the day.

Part of me is excited. Part of me is sleepy. I haven't seen Dean in about 15 months. CJ is laid back enough (I've always really liked the kid for that reason), but Dean ... well, it takes a lot to please him. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

What this post is supposed to do is serve as a warning. These guys have been known to hop trains, hitchhike across Europe, get hit by cars, earn money as street performers, find $400 in an old suit pocket at Saver's, lick my eyeball, make themselves lactate, pierce their own ear with a safety pin during home room, drive 100 mph in a car with no windshield (but they did have goggles), refuse to cut their hair, buzz all of their hair off, start rock bands, phone at 3 a.m. just to show you that they can play Mary Had a Little Lamb with their refrigerator door, and generally rock all around.

7 reason(s) to click here:

Thirdmango said...

I'm excited to meet them.

Anonymous said...

lactate?

LJ said...

Who. Are. These. Guys?

...and can I meet them?

Heather said...

Um...how did they make themselves lactate? Did both of them do it? *confused* And what do you mean by "play Mary Had a Little Lamb with their refrigerator door?"

Thirdmango said...

I can play mary had a little lamb with my thumb

Heather said...

Also, thanks! That was the earthworm entry I was looking for. Something I saw the other night made me thing about it, and I wanted to read it agian. Thanks!

Flops said...

pretty much sounds like the people I grew up with. hot dog!!

login: bbizl as in "What's up bbizl!?"