Thursday, January 25, 2007

In a moment of almost unbearable vision, doubled over with the hunger of lions...

I think I got a glimpse of what this lyric means (or could mean) this week in regards to my blasted art and my paralyzing hyper-interest in the world. I was contemplating such matters today while walking to class and feeling suffocated by my lack of omniscience ...

and then a man that was walking behind me began to play the ukelele.

I think my soul got whiplash from the sudden transition from gravity to levity, and I got that special feeling comparable the the Bathroom Opera of '06.

Bless you Joanna Newsom, and bless you ukelele man.

3 reason(s) to click here:

Unknown said...

I told you that you'd like Joanna. I can't get enough of her. You haven't even had a chance to hear The Milk-Eyed Mender yet.

But I digress.

ahem. said...

...as he almost always does.

Scarlet Flamingo said...

Was the ukelele man on campus? I saw him too!